Dermatology & SkinCare
Clear and glowing skin is the dream of every person. It enhances your beauty and boosts your confidence.
Kisubi Hospital is proud to work with some of the Uganda’s leading certified dermatologists. Our Skin specialists are committed to providing each patient with the specialized Skin care, and all are fully registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioner’s Council.
We have well trained dermatology surgeons who utilize advanced conventional surgical techniques for the effective treatment of a wide range of skin conditions, skin cancer and other dermatological problems.
Your care and comfort are our top priorities.
- Ongoing clinical care for patients with common skin diseases/conditions
- Private care for patients undergoing cosmetic dermatology procedures
- Specialized Day Hospital care in an outpatient setting for patients with the most serious skin conditions, including Skin cancer, severe skin infections, e.t.c.
We treat common skin diseases/conditions such as
- Skin pigmentation disorders
- Skin allergies
- Skin infections caused by Bacteria, fungus and viruses
- Abnormal scars (Hypertrophic and Keloid scars)
- Skin cancer screening
- Diaper rash
- Hyperhidrosis or Excessive sweating
Kisubi Hospital advocates the highest safety standards in all procedures and treats patient safety with paramount importance. Our dermatology specialists perform surgery to treat conditions and diseases of the hair, nails, skin, underlying tissue, mucous membranes, and glands.
The following are the common dermatology procedures Kisubi Hospital specializes in:
- Surgical treatment of skin conditions such as Skin cancers, fungal infections that have damaged the fingernails or toenails, Acne scars, Keloid scars, cysts, and Warts
- Chemotherapy injections, for warts and certain cancers
- Cosmetic dermatology procedures
- Curettage — an instrument called a curette is used to scrape off the affected or diseased skin area
- Cryosurgery is a type of surgery that involves the use of extreme cold to destroy abnormal tissues, such as tumors. The surgery most often involves the use of liquid nitrogen. When liquid nitrogen has a temperature between -346 and -320°F, it instantly freezes nearly anything that’s in contact with it. In the case of human tissue, it can kill and destroy cells upon contact. This is important when the cells you want to kill are cancerous. Cryosurgery is typically used for tumors or precancerous lesions found on your skin such as warts, skin tags and other benign lesions . Cryosurgery, also called cryotherapy, is similar to the technique used when doctors freeze off warts using liquid nitrogen spray.
- Electrosurgery — we use an electric current to burn off remaining damaged or diseased skin cells
- Skin grafting, Skin grafting is a surgical procedure that involves removing skin from one area of the body and moving it, or transplanting it, to a different area of the body. This surgery may be done if a part of your body has lost its protective covering of skin due to burns, injury, or illness.
Nail surgery, for diseases of the nails such as include onychomycosis (ie, fungal infection), onychocryptosis (ie, recalcitrant ingrown nails), onychogryphosis (ie, hornlike hypertrophy of the nail plate), and onychauxis (ie, thickened nails), as well as psoriasis, lichen planus, congenital nail dystrophies, and tumors.
Dr Asaba Robert
Dr. Robert Asaba, is a Licensed dermatologist who specializes in both medical and cosmetic dermatology. Having trained at Cardiff University, UK and worked in both Kisubi Hospital and in a variety of practice settings, Dr. Asaba is truly an expert in treating patients of all skin types. Additionally, he is one of the few recognized experts nationally in cosmetic dermatology. He is the main practicing dermatologist of Kisubi Hospital Skin Clinic leading an outstanding team of skin specialists and staff dedicated to offering the best in Skin care.
Dr. Asaba graduated from Makerere University with a Bachelor degree in medicine and surgery. He then undertook a postgraduate training with Cardiff University, UK where he attained a masters degree in Dermatology.
After graduating, Dr. Asaba continued working as a Dermatologist at Kisubi Hospital where he acquired a lot of experience in treating a wide range of skin conditions. Given his interest in cosmetic dermatology and using technology to provide more efficient healthcare, Dr. Asaba did a fellowship in cosmetic dermatology (Aesthetic medicine) with the prestigious American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine.
Dr. Asaba is currently Medical Director of Kisubi Hospital and Dermatologist at the same Hospital. Dr. Asaba is has spoken both nationally and internationally on a variety of topics in dermatology.
Interested in talking to Dr. Asaba Robert, you can find him at; KISUBI HOSPITAL
P.O Box 40, Kisubi.
Tel: 0751-881 773 / 0750 881 770 (Office Lines) or 0751-393188 or 0772-393188
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Skin Clinic Schedule:
Every Fridays 8:30am to 3:00pm
Special appointments are recommended for patients with urgent skin conditions. For Special appointment call: 0751-881 773 / 0750 881 770