Physicians manage a wide range of medical conditions that affect adults from common acute illnesses, including typical viruses and infections, depression and anxiety, or the aches and pains to complicated disease conditions and chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and asthma. They can work with you to determine the best treatment to manage your condition.
Physicians also give you information and guidance on how to stay healthy or manage chronic conditions.
The Critical Care medicine in Kisubi Hospital is a multidisciplinary specialty that cares for patients with acute, life-threatening illness or injury managed in the intensive care unit (ICU). The Intensive care unit has medical teams from several specialties and a wide range of technologies to ensure the survival and health of patients who are critically ill.
The Intensive care unit is staffed by a team of specialists qualified in critical care management, available round-the-clock. They are supported by an efficient team of trained nurses and paramedical staff. The ICU has an ideal patient-nurse ratio of 1:1. Each ICU bed is equipped with the most advanced monitoring systems, ventilators and oxygen delivery systems.
Emphasis is placed on intensive training of the support teams in emergency and standard care for patients. The hospital conforms to the international gold standards in every aspect of healthcare.
Kisubi Hospital also provides round-the-clock critical care consultation services to healthcare facilities in the surrounding areas of Busiro south, Entebbe and Makindye constituencies, helping in the management of seriously ill patients.
Some of our specialized service areas are:
- Central Nervous System: Stroke, seizures, infections
- Cardio Vascular System: Acute coronary syndrome, heart failure, cardiogenic shock, arrhythmia, pulmonary embolism
- Respiratory: Pneumonia, respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma
- Abdomen: Liver failure, intra abdominal sepsis, gastro-intestinal bleed, pancreatitis
- Renal: Acute kidney injury, renal failure
- Infection: Serious infections, malaria, e.t.c
- Multi organ failure, septic shock, disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)
- Poisoning: All kinds of poisoning, snake bites
- Multi disciplinary trauma care: Polytrauma, head injury, chest & abdominal injuries
- Complicated obstetrics emergency
- Advanced stroke management
- Primary angioplasty and interventional cardiology
- Physiotherapy, occupational and speech therapy center for complete rehabilitation of critically ill patients
Whether you have a family history of heart disease or your just started feeling symptoms – like shortness of breath and dizziness – the heart specialists at Kisubi Hospital will quickly diagnose your condition.
- Some patients are referred to us by primary care doctors because they are experiencing heart disease symptoms.
- We work with healthy people to lower their risk for developing heart problems later on.
- We also work with people recovering from heart failure and serious conditions such as stroke.
We have a weekly clinic dedicated to patients with hypertension and heart disease every ………..from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Here’s what to expect on your first visit:
- Review of your family health history
- Questions about your symptoms (if any), medical history and lifestyle
- A thorough physical exam where we check things like your blood pressure, weight, and current heart functioning
- We may also perform simple tests such as blood screening to check your cholesterol levels
- We may also send you for advanced testing such as an echocardiogram or Electrocardiogram.
Kisubi Hospital provides patients advanced care in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal system. Medical gastroenterology primarily involves the diagnosis and management of patients using medicines and minimally invasive interventions.
Kisubi Hospital has the complete range of the latest endoscopic facilities, including Upper GIT Endoscopy and allied interventions. Kisubi Hospital offers round-the-clock service in gastrointestinal emergencies like vomiting of blood, foreign body ingestion and hepatic coma.
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive diagnostic medical procedure in which a long, thin, flexible tube with a light and a video camera takes images of the inside parts of the body. These images can be seen on a screen. The entire endoscopy is recorded for the doctors to enable them to check it again, if required. This minimally invasive procedure is usually performed to find out the level/degree of the problem.
Upper GI Procedures
Upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy is a procedure that helps view the interior lining of the esophagus, stomach and the first part of the small intestine through a thin, flexible viewing instrument called an endoscope. The tip of the endoscope is inserted through the mouth and then gently moved down the throat into the esophagus, stomach and duodenum (upper gastrointestinal tract).
The upper GI procedures performed include:
- Diagnostic upper GI endoscopy
- Narrow band imaging for diagnosing early GI malignancies
- Endoscopic therapy for variceal & non-variceal bleed
- Polypectomy & submucosal resections
- Oesophageal stricture balloon dilatations
- Pyloric stricture balloon dilatations
- Foreign body removal
- Self-expanding metallic stents for benign & malignant cases
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Endoscopic jejunostomy
Endoscopy Services schedule
- Booking for Endoscopy can be done any time of day
- Endoscopies are done from Monday to Thursday 12:00 noon to 2:00pm
- Emergency endoscopies can be done at any time of day.
The Chest clinic deals with diseases of the lungs and the bronchial tubes, usually involving the evaluation of the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx and throat). This field is also known as chest medicine or respiratory medicine.
Kisubi Hospital has outstanding medical professionals with proven medical expertise in the field of pulmonary medicine and advanced respiratory care, capable of performing complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. The Hospital offers expertise in diagnosis and management of diseases such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, occupational respiratory diseases, Mycobacterium Avium Complex (MAC) lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis and sleep disorders.
We have a weekly clinic dedicated to patients with diseases of the respiratory system every Wednesday from 2:00pm to 4:30pm.