Critical Care Medicine
The Critical Care medicine in Kisubi Hospital is a multidisciplinary specialty that cares for patients with acute, life-threatening illness or injury managed in the intensive care unit (ICU). The Intensive care unit has medical teams from several specialties and a wide range of technologies to ensure the survival and health of patients who are critically ill.
The Intensive care unit is staffed by a team of specialists qualified in critical care management, available round-the-clock. They are supported by an efficient team of trained nurses and paramedical staff. The ICU has an ideal patient-nurse ratio of 1:1. Each ICU bed is equipped with the most advanced monitoring systems, ventilators and oxygen delivery systems.
Emphasis is placed on intensive training of the support teams in emergency and standard care for patients. The hospital conforms to the international gold standards in every aspect of healthcare.
Kisubi Hospital also provides round-the-clock critical care consultation services to healthcare facilities in the surrounding areas of Busiro south, Entebbe and Makindye constituencies, helping in the management of seriously ill patients.
Some of our specialized services
• Central Nervous System: Stroke, seizures, infections
• Cardio Vascular System: Acute coronary syndrome, heart failure, cardiogenic shock, arrhythmia, pulmonary embolism
• Respiratory: Pneumonia, respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma
• Abdomen: Liver failure, intra abdominal sepsis, gastro-intestinal bleed, pancreatitis
• Renal: Acute kidney injury, renal failure
• Infection: Serious infections, malaria, e.t.c
• Multi organ failure, septic shock, disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)
• Poisoning: All kinds of poisoning, snake bites
• Multi disciplinary trauma care: Polytrauma, head injury, chest & abdominal injuries
• Complicated obstetrics emergency
• Advanced stroke management
• Primary angioplasty and interventional cardiology
• Physiotherapy, occupational and speech therapy center for complete rehabilitation of critically ill patients
As an enthusiastic team, we commit to provide timely and sustainable health services to the community prioritizing emergencies.
Adults Ward prides in its devoted specialists, diagnostic medical and nursing team with special clinics
Our Lady of Consolata Kisubi Hospital is a well advanced, modern and updated hospital committed to providing quality health care.
Our team is always available to give you a worm reception and professional care during your hospital stay as our motto says ‘’service with love’’ We are committed to serving our patients with love.
#Service with Love
Call us now if you are in a medical emergency need, we will reply swiftly and provide you with a medical aid.